Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Semester Results @ SRM

'Writing the Semester exams is one thing
Seeing the results is something else!'
The holidays in-between these 2 happenings are always fun! The 'judgment' day is always more interesting if u look at it from an outsider's point of view!
Being a pure topper from school, that too from Velammal, coming to SRM and adapting to the College style of writing exams was a herculean task. Got to say I have picked it up well now. I learnt to copy, I learnt to show the answers, I learnt to get the answer sheets... Man! I even learnt to escape after getting caught!
All this struggle... during all the exams except the End Semesters... to INCREASE internals!
At last we write the Semesters.
On the result days in the good old days, we see the subject first, then the marks. Here though, in India's number 1 university, everything is in reverse - we see the grade column first. 'All PASS'. Thank God! Did I really do it? We check it again. All PASS. We check the register number sheepishly. Yeah, mine. We check it again like idiots. Fine! It's mine! I have all the rights to jump out of joy now!
The 'I did it' feeling is simply awesome! There's no substitute for this!
And when we want to check for our friends, the site takes too long to respond! This time I had to check the results in Facebook result checker application which was also, BUSY! SRM rocks. I wonder why people are so anxious to know their results as soon as it is released! This is not a movie guys, to see it on the first release! Nothing is going to happen if we sleep the night and check it tomorrow. But again, advising is so easy! I slept at 1 AM that night and still managed to win the game on the next morning!
"Who said Chess is not a mind game?"
The 7.86 score was all that was needed to make me give the 'force' to win the last 2 games of Chennai Open 2011! :)

Hope u all had all 'PASS'!
Until next time... Keep smiling! :)

2 comments:

  1. ha ha, amazing read. :) congrats on the 7.86 and the chennai open win. ;) and yeah, i actually checked my results the next morning only. :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karthik! :) lol
    Results can wait anyway! :) at least u checked it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment with Facebook