Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

SAI BABA

Sachin Tendulkar's birthday would have never ever been so sad before... The death of Sri Sathya Sai Baba at 07:40 AM on the 24th of April, 2011 will be remembered for ever and ever as the day when a great soul, a symbol of love... departed...
I am not a great devotee of him but certainly I love him a lot. I am not such a
religious person myself but then, He had no religion. LOVE was his religion. Human beings after a hundred years would find it hard to believe such a soul lived on earth! That's the magnitude of Sri Sai Baba!
What attracts people to him from 160 countries??? It's very simple - he loved all! "Love all serve all" is his principle of live. He helped for ever and hurt never!
There's always a category of people saying he's a magician or a cheat but then, they had no idea what his love and dedication to humanity was! It's high time they got some common sense - his trust runs a 40,000 crore empire of organisations dedicated to people - hospitals (where doctors from all over the world come and serve for free whenever they feel like doing service), schools, instrumental in providing irrigation facilities to about 750 villages in Andhra Pradesh, bringing water to Chennai... the list is endless! Think twice before talking rubbish!
If that's not enough, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Big B and Co are not fools to go to him! I hope that makes sense to you people!
I had the privilege of seeing him just once as far as I can remember. He came to my home town of Dharmapuri once to a place called 'Paapaarapatti' (the place is more famous for the murder of Veerapan I think!). There I saw the great man waving hands as usual. I still remember it as one of the most graceful scenes I have ever seen! I especially like the taste of 'viboodhi' that falls on his photos. It's awesome! At least for that, I love him a lot. It smells too good too!
His death of course is very sad to the people of the world. He will become just more famous after his death. His legacy will still remain. People will still love him. The void created by him is simply not replaceable!
"Some places cannot be filled!"
We will just hope all the good work done by him is still carried on by the Sathya Sai trust people!
I personally like a few things about him: 1) Love all (it's so simple to say; I will try my best!) 2) Hurt never (true!) 3) Smile (How nice! He always smiles!) 4) His image that is so great! No spiritual leader has been like him before. He was so famous among the people of the world. He left behind no religion, no evil practices, no book, nothing! He came, loved and went!
I am not qualified enough to say more!
I finish off with a divine image of His!
Sai Ram! Thanks for BEING!

ak

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! A saga has ended...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Sathya Sai Baba, not Shirdi Sai Baba on 24 th April 2011.
    Devotee of both Shirdi and Sathya Sai baba.

    ReplyDelete

Comment with Facebook