Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chatting adventures! :)

Once again, I promise an interesting read... This time, with a little difference! :)

"Hi! Hw r u :) ?"
1 "I am gud! Thanks!"
If u get this answer, probably you are talking to a person from England!
2 "ya... I am fine... Howz u?"
If this is the answer, u r probably talking to a girl!
3 "hi machan!" (definitely a tamil friend!)
4 "hi dude... am fine!" (tamil peter or hindi friend)
5 "hi macha" (if there's no 'a', it's a telugu boy!)

Have u ever thought how different people are? Talking about difference, this funny incident comes to my mind... It was the first semester in College and I had gone to my hometown for a weekend and I wanted to know if the following Monday was a working day (it was a continuous holiday for about 4 days). So I texted to about twenty numbers this question. "Monday is a working day???" and look at the replies...
"I dono!" (obvious)
"Hey I was also thinking about asking. If u knw tell me!" (can do better!)
"Yeah I think..." (padips)
"Hey man! How r u? I am in my aunt's place! I am not sure if it's working. Even f t is, I won't be coming! Are u going?" (U asshole!!! LMAO! Wat an answer!)
"No battery, will text u latr!" (aarghhhhhh!)
"Yes. Are u coming tomorrow? Mostly half the class ll be absent..." (nice motivation!)
"Some ppl r saying it's there; some are saying leave... Can we bunk?" (i like the last option, but it doesn't solve the purpose either!)
"Should we go???" (OMG!)
"I am not coming tomorrow!" (this guy is sure of his future!)
Unbelievable isn't it? It would have been better if I had not asked them at all... Previously I had only two options - to come back to Chennai or stay there! Now, I have about eight! From this day on, I really tried to avoid group messages! Did u guess u had so many options??? (relax!!!)
p.s. I switched off my mobile to avoid more confusions, I had already  had enough!
Some ppl have no idea how to start a conversation: "sup?" (what the hell this is supposed to mean? As a tamilian, I needed time to come into shape with this thing!)

How many times u felt it easy to sign out saying "Bye! Am off!"??? it drags on and on and on... like an evil war! Seriously, chatting online is a tough task!
1 -good night
2 - good night ... sd...
1 - sd :D (ya man! don't put that smiley!!!)
2 - :D
1 - wait a min... blah blah blah...
2 - yeah sure... am sleepy...
1 - ok gn...
2 - night!
1 - :) :)
"sounds familiar??? :) "

To all tamilians out there, how many ppl start a conversation by "vanakam ..."? :)

          Some times, I wonder what ppl have in their mind. They say 'brb' (wonder who invented this) and go off. How long is that 'back' valid? Should I wait for eternity???
And when they come back, they say "I am back!!! :) :) :) " I always think "SO???" (U r supposed to be here long back!!!) This is especially wonderful when u r having a conference! Some person suddenly goes out and comes screaming back "I AM BAAACCKKKK!" (come on ... there are 3 ppl waiting here!!! Don't u have any sense???)

During our exam times, we always get a forward message saying "send this to ten ppl else u fail in the exam" Alright, now if I don't send it, then THAT'S ONE MORE THING I STINK AT! RIGHT??? What am I supposed to do???

I have seen some ppl who want to discuss something in an SMS conversation... they always start with 'hi'! (I have done it too) Now... are we supposed to reply? I sometimes wonder, should we reply? Is he / she expecting us to reply? Or may be this is just because they r feeling bored? Or is it something important? Should we call him / her up??? Sometimes I would even think if they want to make fun of us:) Why can't they just send "Hey I need to talk. Do reply!!!" Simple, isn't it???

Some ppl usually send "Good night" as an SMS to so many ppl! Now if u really want to make a person feel important, send "Good night Arun" (or what ever name)! The individual will feel happy and also reply back. Also it gives a feeling that u mean something to someone and the friendship grows! Think!!!

"Chatting for chatting's sake!" This is today's world! Chat with purpose friends! After all, all are human beings!
Communication was developed to bring people closer; but now, people are moving far away from each other - the 'surprise' element which existed previously in meeting each other is missing nowadays due to the 'aggressive' invasion of the internet and SMS! People skills and manners are losing their value...

Probably it's high time to start considering writing atleast one hand-written letter to our best friend! Nothing wrong in it! (May be, I will do one pretty soon!) Welcome to Science age!
For the first time in my blog, I am leaving the readers to think something!
Keep smiling :)
ak :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook