Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Some things never change!

I am in Mumbai now for MBA. That meant a lot of changes - no Marina beach, no Chennai Tamil, no Tamil, more Hindi (as if SRM wasn't enough!), more celebrations (Dussehra, Ganesh Chaturthi et al.) and some irregular mindless food and sleep habits.

Mumbai is fast guys, I can tell this for sure - it's full of people and there's no idea why they are running so fast with their lives.
'If everyone is running so fast, why there's a lot of traffic jams?
Or is it because they are so fast?' I do not know.


It's not that I am against hearing Hindi, Marathi and a lot other 'ii' languages; it's just that my ears needed some Tamil to be heard. There is nothing more beautiful than hearing your mother-tongue being spoken on the road. You feel strange and lost sometimes, with too much alien languages spoken around you. The fact that I cannot still converse in Hindi yet just adds to the untold misery! Hours of YouTube on spoken Hindi doesn't seem to do the trick for me! Still laboring... Cell interviews, CV Verifications, updates, emails, homework, assignments, presentations, meetings... I was not up to the task!
----------------- (this was some time ago)---------------------
 Trimester one beat Arunkarthik. Nice and clear. I lost out, I was beaten lock stock and barrel.

"I will be back", I told myself.
A Little Push in the right direction!

Enter Trim 2. It was all thick and fast again, but this time, at least so far, I have emerged victorious.
- Got placed in first week
- Got a carrom board
- Listening to Ilayaraja songs
- Started spending time alone
- Watched 'Bangalore Days' Malayalam movie, and fell in love with it
- More time with roommates, with local stories, Tamil music in the background, tea and carrom in the foreground - this is total bliss!
- Less Hindi noise
- More Skype calls to home
What's more! I can live with this. And the very thought that I can go home for Diwali makes this month all the more special. I have not yet felt homesick till date, credit to my friends I have here at home. I have found myself again - shy, silent, individual, organized and sleepy.

More free time means more time to waste, which in turn means time to discover myself. And I think I will catch up with some movies, Hindi, and may be some old friends.
Work life balance, hell yeah! And I am back to blogging too.
Now that's not that bad, isn't it!




Until next time, Enjoy October!

Endrum Anbudan
ak™

2 comments:

  1. The trim 3 list could also include having the perfect filter coffee! Like the one you get down south! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. More self-actualization needs this trim! :)

      Delete

Comment with Facebook